Grow Ahead (a program of the Fair World Project) is searching for a motivated, talented individual to work with our Director in the development and coordination of a dynamic organization.
The Program Director will perform many operational tasks that support Grow Ahead as a whole, including operations, outreach, and fundraising. This position is not just operational support, but rather plays an integral role in coordinating tasks in multiple departments. This is a challenging and exciting position, playing a critical role in the startup of a new organization tasked with educating and fundraising for small-scale farmers confronting climate change. Grow Ahead provides a unique opportunity and experience to have a positive impact, develop new skills and work in a dynamic organization.
Reports to: Director
ABOUT GROW AHEAD
Grow Ahead’s (GA) mission is to fund and facilitate the next generation of small-scale farmer organizations in their quest to confront the threat of climate change on the ground in the Global South. Small-scale farmers and pastoralists are endangered—vulnerable to unfair trade agreements, collapsing financial markets, the global push of agri-fuels, the current privatization of rural economies via extractive megaprojects, land grabs, the unfettered expansion of financial speculation of the food market, and the privatization of genetic resources, among other threats. Yet, small-scale farmers feed the majority of the world on a quarter of farmland, often using regenerative organic farming practices that not only emit fewer greenhouse gases but even sequester carbon. Small-scale farmers must be the cornerstone of any global strategy to address climate change and hunger.
Experience around the world has shown that peer training is one of the most impactful and cost-effective ways to facilitate training amongst farmer groups. The current climate crisis poses a real threat to small-scale farmers around the world, challenging long-held agricultural practices and threatening already precarious livelihoods. Grow Ahead partners with small-scale farmer organizations on the front lines of these challenges by funding and facilitating farmer-to-farmer capacity building via farmer exchanges, farmer scholarships and ethical lending to foster organizational resiliency and regenerative efforts.
- Create, plan, and implement digital crowdfunding and awareness campaigns
- Oversee and coordinate donor management platform and donor engagement strategy
- Support in the implementation of fundraising plan
- Research and engage private foundation and major donor prospects
- Assist in drafting funding proposals and materials
Marketing and Communications (40%)
- Manage website, social media channels, and newsletter development and growth
- Build relationships with allied organizations (NGOs, retailers, etc.)
- Develop content such as blogs, webinars, articles and interviews
- Represent GA at events and conferences
- Support the overall planning and coordination of the organization and its activities, including supporting in the strategic planning process
- Manage customer service for GA’s donors and lenders
- Coordinate GA’s 501(c)(3) status and annual filings with accountants
- Support the Director on board of director activities
- Passion for the mission and vision of Grow Ahead
- Strong experience in managing social media campaigns, website (WordPress) content and constituent relationship management software
- Prior experience in fundraising or outreach
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Strong organizational, time management and project management skills
- Proactive, ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced campaigning environment
- Efficient in working with Microsoft Word, Excel, Google, PowerPoint
- Ability to work independently and remotely
- Experience working in non-profits is preferred
- Spanish or French language skills preferred
- Ability to travel internationally to Grow Ahead program partners preferred
This is a full time position. Starting annual salary is $45k and includes a health care stipend and paid vacation.
Remote-Preferably Los Angeles or Portland.
Please send resume and letter of interest to [email protected] with “Program Manager" and your name in the subject line. If possible, please include online portfolio, personal website, LinkedIn page or any other online resume you update. No phone calls, please.
Grow Ahead supports equal employment opportunity for all classes of individuals, regardless of age, race, color, national origin, citizenship status, disability, religious creed, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, economic status, veteran status.